What agency issues sewer permits?
Sewer permits are issued by the Contra Costa Central Sanitary District at 925-228-9500. Permits must be obtained before installing or doing any work on the sewer line from your property to the main line.

If the work requires excavation in the street or right-of-way, an Encroachment Permit will also be required. Contact the Public Works Department at 253-4231, or for more information on Encroachment Permits view ourPublic Works Permits page.

Show All Answers

1. How can a resident request pothole repair?
2. What can the City do regarding overgrown vegetation along the roadside?
3. Is a permit required to remove a tree?
4. Is a permit required to replace/install a driveway?
5. Does the City repair or replace drain pipes/storm drains on private property?
6. Who is responsible for cleaning driveway culverts?
7. Will the City investigate flooding caused by water flowing from a neighboring property?
8. What agency issues sewer permits?
9. What agency handles street light outages?
10. How does a resident request traffic calming in their neighborhood?
11. Does my project require a Drainage or Grading Permit?