Orinda Community Center Park
The Community Park is located next to the Orinda Community Center at 28 Orinda Way. The Park includes a large open grass area, two playground areas, picnic tables in addition to three tennis courts with lights and one practice court. Information about reserving a tennis court or picnic table are included, either to right if you are on a desktop, or below if you are on a mobile responsive device.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
Exciting news, City playgrounds / play structures are now open. The State of CA approved re-opening playgrounds last Wednesday in order to facilitate physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise. Click here to view the Outdoor Playgrounds and other Outdoor Recreational Facilities guidelines issued previously by the State of California.
Orinda Parks and Rec is asking the community for support in adhering to the practices noted below as we do not have enough staff to enforce them - Help Us Help You Play Safe.
Signage indicating usage rules designed to keep people safe from the spread of COVID-19 will be posted. These rules include the following:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older, with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet between children and adults from different households, including children using or waiting to use play structures or play areas, and families waiting to enter the playground.
- Parents/Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.