ConnectOrinda: Bringing together downtown Orinda
The ConnectOrinda process is working with the community to identify streetscape and transportation projects that beautify, improve travel through and preserve the uniqueness of downtown Orinda.
After starting summer of 2018, the ConnectOrinda planning process is expected to be complete by early fall of 2019.
The goal of ConnectOrinda is to identify projects with broad community support. Its main objectives are to:
- Connect the two sides of downtown for all users
- Support future pedestrian access along San Pablo Creek
- Preserve Orinda's unique sense of place
- Produce grant-eligible projects that can be funded
- Beautify downtown Orinda
- Build consensus for the final plan through robust community engagement
Community input is key to ConnectOrinda’s success. This Briefing Booklet is an important tool to prepare interested community members to participate. Opportunities to participate include general and map-based surveys; info tables at the Farmers’ Market, food trucks and other community events; self-guided walking tours; and three community- wide events:
- Project Launch: Saturday, October 13, 10am-2pm, Library Plaza
- Workshop: January 2019
- Celebration: May 2019
We want to hear your opinion! Please complete our online survey here. From this landing page there are options to:
- Complete a written survey, and/or
- Make comments regarding specific places or points on an interactive map of downtown Orinda.
Launch Event Details
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Time: 10am-2pm
- Place: Library Plaza, 26 Orinda Way
The ConnectOrinda process is working with the community to identify streetscape and transportation projects that beautify, improve travel through and preserve the uniqueness of downtown Orinda. Please join us for the official launch event for ConnectOrinda, the City of Orinda’s Downtown Streetscape Master Plan project.
- Enjoy free refreshments
- Join a walking tour
- Win prizes in a scavenger hunt
- Share your thoughts on downtown Orinda