Short-Term Rental Registration & Transient Occupancy Tax
Registration is required per City Council Ordinance 17-04. At their discretion, the City may pursue code enforcement on unregistered short-term rentals.
- Complete the Short-term Rental Registration Form (PDF).
- Registration can be submitted via mail or in person during the Planning Department open counter hours: Monday - Thursday 12:30 - 5:00 PM.
- Registration is valid for one year from date of issuance and must be renewed annually along with a renewal fee of $51. Tax Certificate does not require renewal.
Transient Occupancy Tax
Short-Term Rental property owners must pay a quarterly transient occupancy tax (TOT). The quarterly tax return form will be provided by the Finance Department upon issuance of a TOT registration certificate. The TOT registration form is included in the Short-term Rental Registration Form.
The Transient Occupancy Tax Return, including tax remittance, is due quarterly, on the last day of the month following the quarter (Calendar is provided on the TOT Quarterly form).
If the tax return is late, the penalty and interest section is provided to assist in the calculations.
- Registration is to be renewed on an annual basis.
- Registration is non-transferable.
- The rental unit can not be used for any use that would require a Temporary Event Permit.
- The maximum occupancy of any space used for Short-Term rental is two people per bedroom plus an additional three people, calculated based on the total number of bedrooms on the property.
- Only one short-term rental can take place on a single property at any given time.
- The property owner and operator (if applicable) are jointly responsible for ensuring the rental space complies with all local, state, and federal health and safety requirements.
- The property owner and operator (if applicable) are jointly responsible for compliance with all City regulations, including those regarding noise, parking, and occupancy.
- A local contact person must be available 24 hours a day to accept phone calls and respond in person within 30 minutes if code compliance issues arise.