The City of Orinda has a dedicated and professional staff of 35.5 full-time budgeted employees supplemented with part-time and seasonal staff. The City seeks to recruit and retain a workforce committed to excellence and dedication to the community of Orinda. Outstanding employment opportunities are available to qualified applicants.
The City of Orinda does not accept applications or resumes for jobs which are not currently open. If you are interested in receiving future notifications of job opportunities with the City you can go to CalOpps.org. There you can create a profile to see current openings and get notified via email when new jobs are posted.
You can apply online by visiting CalOpps.org. Please see the following list of current positions open:
|JOB TITLE||DEPARTMENT||TYPE||APPLICATION DEADLINE||SALARY|
|Facility Attendant (part-time)||Parks and Recreation||Part-time||Open until filled||$15.50 - $21.00 Hourly|
|Public Works Maintenance Assistant (part-time)||Public Works||Part-time||October 3, 2023 @ 5pm||$18.00 - $26.00 Hourly|
|Recreation Leader & Recreation Program Specialist||Parks and Recreation||Part-time||October 11, 2023 @ 5pm||$15.50 - $23.00 Hourly|
* Until filled recruitments are open and will continue to receive applications until the position(s) are filled. We strongly encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. Applications for these position(s) are reviewed as they are received, and selections can be made at any time during the recruitment process.
Tips for Creating a Successful Application
- Complete the full job application by listing all your experience that relates to the qualifications as required on the job announcement beginning with your most recent experience.
- Include dates, locations and references.
- List each promotion separately.
- Include voluntary non-paid experience only if it is job-related.
- Note that a resume or other supporting documentation may be attached, but it may not be used as a substitute for completing the application form.
- If you are completing a Supplemental Questionnaire, consider writing your responses in a separate document and then cut and paste your responses into the online job application.
- Be sure to complete and submit your job application before the position's closing date.
The City of Orinda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, national origin, race, color or disability. Candidates with a disability which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should submit a request for accommodation with the application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.