Revised Summer Camp schedule
The City of Orinda Parks and Recreation is proud to be announce a revised Summer Camp schedule, including in-person and virtual camps for kids, ages 5-14.
Yes, we will be partnering with the same wonderful instructors of past years and have developed an exciting line-up of summer camps and protocols to replace the “Create Your Own Adventure” format. Our goal is to give your children fun, interactive summer camp experiences, while protecting and your children, families, and our community.
Who Can Participate?
Contra Costa County released an updated Health Order, which became effective on June 3, states the following under Item 15, Section f. xxvi:
“Childcare establishments, summer camps, and other educational or recreational institutions or programs providing care or supervision for children of all ages. To the extent possible, these operations must comply with the following conditions: 1. They must be carried out in stable groups of 12 or fewer children (“stable” means that the same 12 or fewer children are in the same group each day). 2. Children shall not change from one group to another. 12 3. If more than one group of children is at one facility, each group shall be in a separate room. Groups shall not mix with each other. 4. Providers or educators shall remain solely with one group of children.
City staff have been working diligently to compile a revised schedule that adheres to all health and safety measures outlined by the County’s Health Order.
What does that mean? Has health orders stand currently, it means…
- ALL children can participate, not just children of essential workers.
- Camps limited to 12 campers max.
- One activity/camp (one barcode) per kid per session: It is important to note that children may only participate in one activity which includes members outside of their household. This means that your child(ren) may only register for one (1) camp / activity (1 barcode) during any given session.
- NOT being offered, as it would mix the different “cohorts”:
- No AM and PM Care and Lunch Bunch
- No Camp Orinda or Jr Camp Orinda
- No Field trips
- No other adult or children Summer Classes will be offered this summer
- Strict health protocols will be followed:
- Any child with a fever or other Covid-19 symptoms will be sent home.
- Children who are sick MUST stay home.
- Sick children will NOT be allowed back to camp for the full session (see below on Refunds).
- Strict cleaning protocol by the City of Orinda:
- Camp rooms and restrooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to camp each day and as needed throughout the day
Face Coverings: In alignment with the CCC Health Services July 7th order mandating children over the age of 2 to wear masks, we are requiring all indoor camp participants to wear a face covering at all times with the exception of an outdoor break/lunch period. See mask related Health Order here: https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/health-orders.
For various health and safety reasons, the City will NOT allow any child to begin a 2-week camp and transfer into a different camp during the same session.
Once camp starts, NO refunds will be permitted, unless you are able to provide a Doctor’s note.
Summer Camp Schedule
- Session I: Monday, June 22 through Thursday, July 2
- Session II: Monday, July 6 through Friday, July 17
- Session III: Monday, July 20 through Friday, July 31
At this point we are only publishing details for the first three sessions of 2-week camps. This will allow us to monitor the first 2-week session of camps, interpret pending and future health orders, and make appropriate modifications if necessary, before announcing the lineup of future sessions.
Prior to the start of each session, parents will receive the camp safety procedures, a camper emergency information form, and other pertinent information.
We are looking forward to welcoming your children back!