Municipal Regional Permit
The San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board adopted a Municipal Regional Permit (MRP) on October 14, 2009 as the NPDES permit. The MRP consolidates and updates stormwater pollution prevention requirements for Bay Area municipalities. New requirements are phased in through 2012.
Permit requirements include:
- Performing field inspections (storm drain system, commercial businesses, construction sites, and illicit connections).
- Conducting education outreach activities (creek cleanups, k-12 education, storm drain stenciling).
- Implementing integrated pest management techniques.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Installation of full trash capture devices.
The Contra Costa Clean Water Program Website
has information regarding the various programs in place to ensure compliance with the NPDES permit.