7:00pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month
- Orinda Library Auditorium
26 Orinda Way
Orinda, CA 94563
About the Planning Commission
Members of the Planning Commission are residents of the City of Orinda appointed by the City Council to serve the community on a volunteer basis to make decisions on land use applications and to advise the City Council on land use policy matters.
Planning Commission meetings are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Library Auditorium, located at 26 Orinda Way. All meetings are publicly noticed and held in compliance with California's open meeting laws according to the Ralph M. Brown Act.
Each year the City Council and Planning Commission hold a joint meeting to discuss the activities of the Commission. The 2017 Joint meeting was held on April 11, 2017. The joint meeting in its entirety, can be viewed by clicking here.
Planning Commission terms start in March, and are three-year terms. Current members of the Planning Commission are:
- Brandyn Iverson, Chair (2nd Term Expires: 2022)
- John Lynn Smith, Vice-Chair (Term Expires: 2020)
- Robert Hubner, Commissioner (Term Expires: 2022)
- Marian Jelinek, Commissioner (Term Expires: 2021)
- Lina Lee, Commissioner (Term Expires: 2021)
- Willy Mautner, Commissioner (3rd Term Expires: 2022)
- David Parnigoni, Commissioner (Term Expires: 2020)
Agendas & Minutes
Meeting agendas are available 72 hours prior to each meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Staff Reports and associated meeting materials for Planning Commission meetings conducted (2010-Current) can be found by clicking here.
To subscribe to Planning Commission meeting agendas and notifications, sign up using Notify Me.