The Finance Department is committed to a high standard of excellence in maintaining financial records, providing customer service, ensuring that general accepted accounting standards are followed and safeguarding the City's assets through appropriate internal controls.
The Finance Department provides internal support to the City Council, other City Departments and external support to other government agencies and stakeholders by providing financial information to facilitate their decision making process. Divisions within the department include:
- General Services
- Vehicle Replacement
The Finance Division is responsible for:
- Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable
- Annual Audit
- Budget Development
- Coordination of the City's Investments
- Debt Administration
- Financial Planning
- Fixed Asset Management
- Forecasting and Reporting
- Maintaining Detailed Financial Records
Service levels include:
- Prepare and manage the biennial budget and mid-year analysis.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Provide and receive input from the Finance Advisory Committee and the Audit Committee.
- Administer the City's special assessment districts and parcel taxes.
- Provide reports as required to external agencies.
- Update the fee schedule on an annual basis.
- Work with the City Treasurer to prepare quarterly investment reports and an annual review of the City's investment policy.
- Process payroll biweekly, vendor payments weekly, and track and collect accounts receivable daily.
- Provide monthly financial reports to Council and staff.
- Perform accounting in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manage the City's fixed asset inventory.